Some trains can take wheelchairs and powerchairs. The only way to be certain is to contact the train operator.
Most modern trains have a wheelchair space inside the passenger compartment.
Older slam door type trains may only have space in the guards van.
Mobility scooters may present other problems with any train operator, as you cannot travel sat on a scooter and they are not so easy to load and unload.
Assistance can usually be pre-booked at the stations you are travelling from and to.
Points to consider are:
• How accessible are the stations that you will use?
• Do you need to change trains to get to your destination?
• Your vehicle must be in a safe condition
Check with the operator first if:
• Your vehicle is very wide or long
• Your vehicle is very heavy
• You need to travel with your legs extended
• You need to travel with the backrest reclined